What is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global movement to counterbalance the excessive consumer spending synonymous with the festive season with a celebration of selfless giving! #GivingTuesday encourages everyone to get excited and shout out about the causes they are passionate about.
When is it?
Tuesday 1st December 2015.
For a small charity, the ability to plan effectively is invaluable and regular scheduled income makes this possible. As we celebrate our 21st year, we’re hoping to recruit more ‘Friends’ to help secure our future endeavours.
We currently have a small but loyal band of ‘Friends’ who make regular donations on a monthly or quarterly basis:
- Friends donations help us to plan more effectively
- More donations from Friends means less time spent on fundraising
- More donations = more projects!
If you’re not able to give financially, we’d greatly value your Friendly support in any of the following ways:
- You can be our Facebook Friend by Liking our page
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Spread the word about the work we’re doing on Twitter
- Come along to our performances to enjoy some brilliant original music
Why should I do that?
Our work is unique and relies on the support of visionary people who understand that inspiration and creativity are vital to personal development.
We believe that creating music can help people to change their lives and work with some of the most marginalised people in the UK.
- Read participant testimonials
- Read academic evaluations of our work
- Listen to the music created on our projects
If you’d like to help us celebrate #GivingTuesday in style on Tuesday 2nd December, you could:
Sign up to be a Friend
Tweet about why you support our work @musicinprisons using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #ITTfriends – and encourage your friends to follow us too
Like us on Facebook and encourage your friends to like us too!
For more about #GivingTuesday take a look at the website www.givingtuesday.org.uk