We are looking for an ambitious, proactive Business Development Manager full of energy, enthusiasm and ideas to join our dynamic team at an exciting time of growth.
Job title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Trustee Board
Responsible for: Income generation, strategic development
Key relationships: Operations Manager, Artistic Director, Finance Manager, Creative Programmes Manager
Place of work: Borough, London
Hours: 5 days per week (35 hours) – negotiable
Salary: £39,000-£44,000 per annum, depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Please note – we are willing to be flexible about hours and working arrangements for this role
We are a small charity with big ambition, determined to bring creativity, life-skills and artistic excellence to some of the most disadvantaged people in the UK. Over the last five years we have focussed on strategic and sustainable growth, leading to an impressive increase in beneficiary numbers of 260% through our programmes Music in Prisons, Sounding Out and Making Tracks.
Our income has grown steadily to accommodate this expansion in that time, by 95%, including a significant increase in our earned income. We have a strong track record of securing income from Trusts and Foundations and have made good progress with developing earned income streams. Our current strategic plan concentrates on further development of earned income sources and exploration of increasing income from individuals and corporates.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving income generation, scoping and developing the opportunities arising from the new sub-contracting and commissioning culture emerging in the criminal justice sector, providing financial oversight and developing the business. This position is a great opportunity for an individual with skills and vision to make a significant impact at an exciting time for us, as we explore new possibilities and look to further build on our success in developing our programmes, reach and income.
The key objectives of the position will be to:
- Continue to sustainably increase the organisation’s income by implementing our income generation strategy and by leading development and implementation of new fundraising initiatives
- Explore and drive forward further opportunities for the Trust to become involved in commissioning/sub-contracting in prison and probation
- Lead on managing all the Trust’s relationships with charitable funders, including researching, building relationships, writing proposals and reporting (supported by the Operations Manager)
- Proactively develop and foster relationships with new supporters and partners
- Engage with the CAN3 organisational development programme
Read the full job description and person specification here: Business Development Manager – full Job Description and Person Specification
To apply: Submit 2-page tailored CV and a covering letter (2 pages max.) outlining your suitability for the role in reference to the person specification to email@example.com by 5pm on 4th December.
We welcome applications from those with lived experience of the Criminal Justice System.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, 4th December
Interviews: 13th December at our office in Borough